Why do you want to be a part of Teach For Nepal? - Enayakura

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, July 23, 2018

Why do you want to be a part of Teach For Nepal?


My name is Aruna Sharma. I was born and grew up in Hetauda as the eldest daughter in my family. Being an eldest daughter, I was the most pampered child among my siblings. My grandma used to support me in my every demand and makes sure that I was happy each time. That might be the reason why I am so much in love with all old people. Me along with my siblings are treated equally by our parents.
Me along with my siblings were admitted to private school. We were doing quite good in our studies. I used to score top rank since my childhood. Then suddenly when I was at 4th standard due to the political instability they are going to seize all private school. Then my parents enrolled us to a community school. In the starting phase it is so difficult to study in Nepali medium and I ranked 42nd. That was so depressing for me. After that I really want to achieve my grade back, so I did loads of hard work and rank 3rd in the class. Then later I continue my study and scored like previously. During my SLC I used to study for 20 hours a day. And I got distinction marks.
For +2 I was sent to the top college of Hetauda. Being the top college the tuition fee of it was too high and I don’t want to bother my parents so what I did is I scored distinction marks in every internal and board exam and finished my +2 by getting scholarship.  
After that, I stay at my hometown and pursue my graduation from the field available here. I do accept the situation and do well in my studies. In the beginning I was not much interested in BIM but later I found IT quite fascinating. Likewise, in previous standard I started hardworking and managing time for my study and store as well.
I was into freelancing during my studies. My friend used to break a deal and take the project which I would accomplish as a programmer. After receiving my first pay amounting $150 in the month of December I donate sweaters for each child in the orphanage called “Mamaghar Nepal”. The children were so happy wearing such warm and new sweater in winter. They still greet me whenever they saw me, and I feel so proud that a small donation from me can give happiness to numerous child.
I want to do something for old people and the orphans as well. I do remember years back when I was travelling to my maternal home to see my grandmother I met an old man. At that time, I was only of age 15. I do love to chat with old people and I started asking him questions including his home and what he was doing with a sack. He answered me that he was from miles away than city and was traveling to sell the turmeric powder in the sack and told me that he didn’t have anything to eat until he sell those turmeric powder. At that moment I felt so bad about him and gave him biscuits and juice which my mother sends for my grandmother. He was so overwhelmed by my respect and love towards him that he was full of tears and gave me loads of blessing.
I was into social campaigns like blood donation campaign 2016 and 2017 as a coordinator. It was organized to overcome the blood crisis in Hetauda and to make sure that each patient will have enough blood during their treatment.
Lastly, all these social movements and my personal stand to make other people happy give me strength to work more and to serve more people and this is one of the most important reason I want to be part of Teach For Nepal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Bottom Ad

Pages